Summer Program Registration
OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
February 14, 2022 - April 1, 2022
Start date: June 20, 2022
WORKSITES ARE ALSO ENCOURAGED TO REGISTER THROUGH OUR PORTAL
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Wilmington’s Youth Career Development Program is year-round employment for young people ages 14 – 21 residing in the City of Wilmington and greater New Castle County.
Three Track Program with one Goal:
To offer a positive employment experience to our youth entering the Workforce for the
first- time while providing training for Life-skill development
Career Pathway Track is offered during the Academic year season
Workforce and Internship Tracks are offered during the Summer season
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS & DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
To apply, you must present the following documents at your intake appointment:
Youth applicant’s photo ID (photocopy only)
2. Youth applicant’s signed Social Security card (photocopy only)
3. Youth applicant’s birth certificate (photocopy only)
NOTE: Certificate of newborn’s set of footprints received at the hospital IS NOT acceptable.
4. Youth applicant’s proof of address (photocopy only)
• Property lease or official mail from school, federal, state or city agency.
5. Completed and signed Delaware Department of Labor “Work Permit” for applicants 17 and younger. A DOL representative will be on-site to assist applicants with work permits approvals.
6. Proof of Parental / Guardian income (Photocopy only)
• 2020 W-2 or
• Three (3) most recent paystubs or
• IF APPLICABLE, agency letter verifying social security, pension/retirement pay, disability, annuities, child support, unemployment, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), food benefits, DE Healthy Child Program, or other sources of income.
7. To establish your direct deposit you will need to bring A COPY OF A VOIDED CHECK OR OFFICIAL BANK DOCUMENT WITH A PRE-PRINTED BANK ROUTING NUMBER, ACCOUNT NUMBER AND ACCOUNT HOLDER'S NAME.